Directed Independent Language Learning
What is Directed Independent Language Learning (DILL)?
The CLCL recommends three learning pathways for students looking to learn a language not taught at the University of Iowa. These include:
- Visit our Language Learning Resources page here!
- Mango: a free language-learning platform from Iowa City Public Library - log in here with your ICPL library card!
- Transparent Languages: another free language-learning platform from Iowa City Public Library - log in here with your ICPL library card!
In some cases the CLCL can help you find a peer tutor. This person may:
- Help you create learning objectives
- Create reading, writing, and speaking activities to help you with your learning
- Help you learn more about your target language and culture
- For more information, email email@example.com
Course Share for Less Commonly Taught Languages
- Enroll for credit in a course offered by another Big 10 Institution
- Best for students who want to earn credit for learning a language or level of language not offered at the University of Iowa
- Please Note: Not all languages are available in any given semester
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org